The GizmoSmart Cam can be used both wired and wireless network. When adding the camera to your account, you connect the camera to your router via Ethernet cable. Alternatively, follow the wireless setup, to use the camera via a wireless WIFI connection.
If your camera is not connected to a router via LAN connection either any , go to the question ‘How do I add GizmoSmart Cam Cloud Camera / Panasonic K-EP104LWE to my GizmoSmart Cam Application?
1. Login to GizmoSmart Cam desktop application and click on Settings
2. Select the Camera
3. Click on Wireless Settings
4. Select Wi-Fi network (SSID), enter the WIFI password. Click ‘Save’.
5. Remove the Ethernet cable once password is saved. The camera is now switched to Wi-Fi network.
6. A minute after removing the LAN cable, the ‘Net’ LED will turn green, confirming WIFI Connection.
Ideally, an installation visit gets scheduled the moment you buy the product. You should have received a call from our customer support. If not, please call our customer support at, +91 9876298763 to schedule a service call for camera installation.
The GizmoSmart Cam support 802.11n/b/g WiFi networks. Turn on the WiFi of the camera by following the steps at question “How can I add my camera to a Wi-Fi network?”.
The GizmoSmart Cam can be added by following below steps.
Connect the camera to your router & the power supply:
1. Connect the camera to your router by plugging one end of the supplied Ethernet cable into the LAN /Ethernet port on your router and the other end into the LAN / Ethernet port on the camera. Connect the camera to the power supply by using the included adapter. The power-light on the camera will turn green immediately. After a few minutes the net-light will turn red.
Install the application:
2. On your computer go to www.gizmosmart.com/cam/apps. Download and open the installation program for Windows, Mac or Linux. After opening the installation program, click ‘Run’ when prompted a security warning and follow the onscreen instructions. Alternatively, you can use the online Java application via www.gizmosmart.com/cam/apps
3. Start the application:
For Windows: click on the Start Menu, followed by ‘All Programs’ and select the folder ‘GizmoSmart Cam’ and the program ‘GizmoSmart Cam’. For Mac: go to ‘Programs’ and open ‘GizmoSmart Cam’. Once opened, fill in your login details that you have received from GizmoSmart Cam. Click on ‘Login’.
4. Adding a camera to the application:
After starting the application you are in the main screen showing with GizmoSmart Cam logo. The installation wizard to add a new camera will open automatically when adding your first camera. Click ‘Add new camera’ in the bottom left if the wizard does not start automatically. Start the wizard by clicking on ‘Start wizard’. Add your camera by clicking on ‘auto-connect’. After installing go to the next page of the wizard, give the camera a name and go to the next step.
5. Adding a camera to a WiFi network:
Click in the installation wizard on ‘Set-up WiFi connection’ and fill in the name of your WiFi network (SSID), the communication mode, the encryption type and password. Click on ‘Save’. Remove the LAN / Ethernet cable from the camera and router when the installation wizard says so. The camera will automatically switch to the wireless connection.
Note: if the SSID or password is entered incorrectly, the camera light will not turn green, one minute after removal of the LAN / Ethernet cable. When this happens, disconnect the camera from the power supply. Reconnect the camera with the LAN / Ethernet cable and power supply and fill in the details for WiFi again.
We advise you to use micro SDHC 32GB, class 10 card.
Insert the micro SD-card in the void on the left side of the GizmoSmart Cam.
You do not need to set the function ‘night view’. The camera will automatically switch to night view when the surroundings of the camera become darker.
The best way to mount your camera depends on your own, personal situation. In some cases you might want to get a clear overview of a big area. The higher you mount the camera, the more you will be able to see, but lees detailed. If you want to get a clear view of people’s faces wall-mounting on eye-level might be the way to go for you. If you are unsure, contact your point of sales.
Be aware that for defining the correct position it is good to know the viewing angles of the camera. The GizmoSmart Cam has a horizontal angle of view of 88 degrees and a vertical angle of view of 46 degrees.
It is suggested not to install Gizmo Smart Cam outdoors. The camera is suitable for indoor use only.
The GizmoSmart Cam comes with a mounting bracket. With this mounting bracket the camera can be mounted to the ceiling and wall.
GizmoSmart Cam is a Cloud Camera that has a horizontal angle of 88° and vertical angle of 46°.
Default Local IP of GizmoSmart Cam is 192.168.0.108. The access credentials of the camera through local IP are username: admin and password: 12345
To initialize the network settings (reset to factory default), keep the camera connected to the power cable (it doesn’t matter if the camera is connected with the LAN cable or not). Then keep the reset button pressed until both lights on the camera are off. You can find the reset button at the bottom left of the back of the camera. Now your Cloud Camera is reset to factory defaults.
Resetting a GizmoSmart Cam: This article will explain you how to reset your GizmoSmart Cam. This can either be done by using the software or by doing it physically on the hardware.
Resetting by ‘Software’ : Resetting to the Factory Default Settings from the interface:
1. Go to the interface of your camera by typing in the camera’s IP address in the browser. Example: http://192.168.1.253/ (You can find local IP of your Camera from mobile application – Settings – Select Camera – General Settings – Local URL)
2. Click Setup, Maintenance, Default Reset, Reset to default and then click Execute.
Resetting by ‘Hardware’ : Resetting to the Factory Default Settings using the Control button:
1. Connect the ‘DC IN’ power cable from the camera.
2. Hold down the ‘Reset/WPS’ button.
3. Release the ‘Reset’ button after approx.10 seconds, when both LED blink. (The reset could take up to 180 seconds)
4. When the ‘Status’ indicator changes to green, the process is completed and the camera had a Factory Default Reset.
Go to www.gizmosmart.com/cam/apps Download windows java installer and open it. After opening the installer, follow the instructions on the screen. Versions are available for both Windows. Mac and Linux.
When using Internet Explorer: at the bottom of the screen a taskbar will pop up and ask if “you want to run or save GizmoSmartWin.exe from www.gizmosamrt.com /cam/apps.”. Click “Run”. The installation wizard will automatically open and install the GizmoSmart Cam desktop application.
When using Mozilla Firefox: a popup screen will open and ask if “you want to save GizmoSmartWin.exe” chose to save the file. A GizmoSmartWin..exe file is being downloaded, either open it from your Downloads folder (This PC / Downloads / GizmoSmartWin .exe) or
When using Internet Explorer: if you clicked “Save” instead of “Run” at the previous step the installation file is located in your Downloads folder.[To be checked]
When using Google Chrome: click on the file on the download taskbar at the bottom of your web browser. When using Mozilla Firefox: on the top right of your web browser click the arrow, and open the downloaded file by clicking it.
Once you’ve opened the file, the installation wizard automatically starts and will install the GizmoSmart Cam application. Once the installation is finished, the GizmoSmart cam application will automatically start and you can log in using your GizmoSmart Cam account.
1. Login to GizmoSmart Cam and click on Settings
2. Select the Camera
3. Click on Wireless Settings
4. Select Wi-Fi network (SSID), enter the password. Click ‘Save’.
5. Remove the Ethernet cable once password saved. The camera now switches automatically to the connection via the Wi-Fi network.
Login to GizmoSmart Cam application and follow below mentioned steps:
1. Click on the ‘Settings’ tab at the top right corner of the ‘Live view’ screen.
2. Click the checkbox next to the camera you’d like to delete. Click on the ‘delete’ button to delete the selected cameras. Confirm that you want to delete the cameras.
In order to change the settings for any specific camera, please follow the steps below.
1. Click the ‘Settings’ tab on the top left corner of the application.
2. Click ‘Cameras’ and click on the camera of which you would like to change the settings.
You activate the motion-, sound-, or infrared sensors on your camera in the installable or online Java application. 1. Go to ‘Settings’;
2. Click on ‘Cameras’ in the upper right corner;
3. Select the camera of which you would like to change the motion-, sound-, and/or infrared detection settings;
4. Go to ‘Schedule & notifications’;
5. Click with the left mouse button on the timeline at CLVR, motion detection, sound detection or infrared detection.
6. With the mouse button pressed, drag the cursor over the desired time interval. Where the timeline becomes yellow, the interval is set;
7. Click on ‘Save’
You can only set the audio function in the downloadable computer application or online Java application. Live audio: You can use the audio function directly in live view. Drag the camera into live view and press the right mouse button. A small menu will appear. Press the audio button for live audio. You can also manage the volume of the sound in this menu. Record audio: If you want to record sound, you can manage this at ‘camera settings’. Go to ‘Settings’ tab and select the camera from the list. Select ‘footage settings’ and select the checkbox “Record sound”. Press save.
1. Turn off notifications for all mobile devices
2. To turn off notifications for all mobile devices, you need to turn off notifications in the installed computer application or the online Java application. Go to ‘Settings’;In the top right click on ‘Cameras’
3. Select the camera for which you want to configure the settings for motion detection.
Go to ‘Scheduling and Triggering’;
4. Click with the left mouse button on the time interval at the option ‘push notification’;
5. With the mouse button pressed, drag the cursor over the time interval that you want to remove. The yellow color of the timeline will now disappear;
Click on ‘Save’.
6. Turn off notifications for a specific mobile device.If you want to turn off notifications on a specific mobile device, you need to configure the settings on the mobile device itself.
7. Open the GizmoSmart Cam app on the mobile device, Go the ‘Settings >> General & notifications >> At ‘How to notify you?’, click on push notification ‘off’;
Go to ‘Settings’ and select the camera of which you want to change the settings. Go to ‘Footage settings’ to change the compression type, resolution and frames per second (FPS).
With bit rate control you can easily restrict the amount of bandwidth used by your camera. If you have many devices on your network, or you simply do not have a lot of bandwidth to begin with, you can restrict your camera bandwidth between ⅛ and 2 Mb/s.
To use bandwidth control:
1.Go to ‘Settings
2. Select the camera for which you want to manage the bandwidth
3.Go to ‘Footage settings’ Underneath the preview screen, click on the beam to set a maximum bandwidth. Choose between 1/8 and 2 Mb/s.
In order to schedule your recordings, please follow the steps below.
1. Click on the ‘Settings’ tab at the top of the ‘Live view’ screen
2. Select the camera of which you would like to change the settings. Then select ‘Schedule and notifications’.
3. Click and hold the left mouse button on the timeline of, for instance, the option ‘Motion detection’. While keeping the mouse button pressed, drag the cursor over the desired time interval. The line turning yellow shows the interval that has been set.
The GizmoSmart Cam application allows you to easily create a schedule that applies to every day of the week. To do so, create a schedule with ‘Advanced Settings’ turned Off. When you open the ‘Schedule and notifications’ screen the advanced settings are set to Off as standard.
In order to select your recorded footage, please follow the steps below.
1. To view and manage recordings, click ‘Footage’ in the menu. Then click the camera for which you want to see the recordings.
2. You are now in the recordings menu of the selected camera. Here you can see the days for which you can review the recordings. Behind the date and day, a number is displayed showing how many activities have been registered that day. The figure below shows the number 39 behind ‘Friday’. This means that there are 39 recordings available for that day. Select the desired day to open the recordings for that day.
CLVR is world’s first affordable, on demand and zero-configuration cloud based video analytics service. CLVR uses a form of motion detection which significantly increases the proportion of relevant notifications a user will receive, by only sending alerts when a human or object is detected. For example, when a customer enters a store or when a car enters a car park. With CLVR a user doesn’t receive irrelevant notifications.
CLVR is available as part of the GizmoSmart Cam surveillance.
You can add one or multiple motion detection area via the installable or online Java application.
You can choose from a square and/or irregular (polygon) motion detection area.
1. Go to ‘Settings’;
2. Click on ‘Cameras’ in the upper right corner;
3. Select the Camera;
4. Go to ‘Detection settings’;
Follow the steps as shown below to draw a square-shaped motion detection area:
1. Click on the ‘Square’ icon on the left side of the preview screen;
2 While keeping the mouse button down, draw the desired motion detection area in the preview screen;
3. Click on ‘Save’.
Follow the steps as shown below to draw a irregular-shaped (polygon) motion detection area (CLVR):
1. Click on the ‘Polygon’ icon on the left side of the preview screen;
2. Click in the preview screen with your left mouse button on the starting point of the desired irregular-shaped motion detection area and draw a line to the first corner;
3. Release the left mouse button;
4. Press the left mouse button again and draw a second line to the second corner of the desired irregular-shaped motion detection area;
5. Release the left mouse button;
6. Repeat above steps until you have set the desired irregular-shaped motion detection area
7. Click on ‘Save’.
Please follow the steps below, to add a camera to the application using Plug & Play.
1. Open the app on your mobile device and login.
2. Click on the menu icon in the left upper corner.
3. Click on Settings in the app menu.
4. A new window appears. Click Add camera.
5. Choose Start wizard
6. Select the camera that you want to add and click Add camera.
7. Check if all camera details are correct and click Proceed.
8. If desired, give the camera a name and add a location to it. Next, enable the PnP (Plug & Play) button and click on Add camera.
9. The camera is now added to the application. Select Watch live screen, to watch the live images of the camera. Select Add another camera, if you would like to add another camera, select Close wizard to close the installation wizard. Select Configure wireless connection, if you would like to connect the camera to the WiFI.
It is possible to add a camera to the WiFi via the mobile app.
After adding your camera, follow the steps below
1. Login to GizmoSmart Cam mobile application
2. Click on Menu to explore more options
3. Click on Settings
4. Click on Cameras
5. Tap on camera name which you want to configure over WiFi connection
6. Click on Wireless Settings
7. Fill in the SSID (Wireless network name), Communication mode (often b/g/n), Security Mode (WEP, WPA or WPA2) and type WiFI Password.
8. Click on Confirm.
Wireless connection has been enabled now
In order to live view your connected cameras, please follow the steps below.
1. Open the GizmoSmart Cam app on your mobile device and login.
2. Click on the Live tab in the app menu. A new window (Dashboard) with all the connected cameras appears. Click on a camera of which you would like to see the live stream. From Dashboard itself you can see all the camera’s status and their notifications.
In order to watch your footage, please follow the steps below.
1. Open the GizmoSmart Cam app on your mobile device and login.
2. Click on the Footage tab in the app menu.
A motion detector detects any kind of motion happening inside your smart home. Motion sensors detect any kind of motion in the house and give notification and alarm. Important: Motion detectors are sensitive to the slightest movements, and can easily cause a false alarm. Some things that can cause a motion detector to set off a false alarm include:
Balloons or other decorations
Household pests such as bugs or rodents
Cobwebs, curtains or blinds moving when a central heat or air system starts